- Red Energy PR
The difference between PR, advertising, & marketing
1. Public Relations is the development of symbiotic relationships between an organization and their community that enables a message to be expressed.
2. Advertising is paying to communicate your goods, services or ideas to target markets.
3. Marketing is identifying customer’s psychographic while understanding their desires and demands that will generate into company profits.
4. In Public Relations, a message is created and sent to the media, the media then has control over the direction of that message.
5. Where as in Advertising, the advertiser has complete control over the message from start to finish.
6. Traditionally the 4 P’s in Marketing are product, price, placement and promotion. However, now more widely used are the 4 C’s: consumer, costs, convenience and communication.